Will An Artificial Lawn Be A Positive Selling Point?
There’s no doubt that a beautiful lawn helps to make any home more appealing. However, keeping natural grass in top condition takes effort, money, and time. It’s no surprise that many homeowners in Gloucestershire are now considering investing in artificial grass to reduce ongoing maintenance.
However, if you plan to sell your property, will an artificial lawn be a positive selling point, or could it be a drawback? Here, we look at whether prospective buyers prefer natural grass over an artificial alternative.
Natural Grass And Its Benefits
- Natural grass looks and feels good, providing a welcoming and soft space ideal for pets and children.
- Natural grass adds to any property’s aesthetic appeal while providing positive environmental benefits.
- Natural grass reduces air pollution while regulating temperatures and producing oxygen.
- Natural grass absorbs and filters rainwater, reducing runoff and helping to prevent flooding.
- Natural grass helps boost our well-being. Spending time outdoors in a natural green space helps reduce stress and improve mental health, and natural lawns are just more visually appealing than the fake alternative.
Furthermore, a survey by UK Property Price Information & Advice discovered that 19 out of 20 prospective purchasers prefer natural grass to the alternatives. Evidence shows that artificial grass is often seen as a deterrent, especially for those pursuing an eco-conscious lifestyle, since the artificial grass manufacturing process produces a considerable carbon footprint.
Are There Any Advantages To Using Artificial Grass?
Natural grass may have lots of benefits; however, it comes with some disadvantages. Maintaining natural lawns takes effort and time, which isn’t ideal for all prospective buyers, especially those who are less mobile or incredibly busy. Maintenance costs can also be high, which can be off-putting to some buyers.
- Artificial lawns are more durable and capable of withstanding a lot of foot traffic, so they can be ideal for families with pets and children who will spend a lot of time outdoors.
- Artificial lawns won’t go brown in the sun, so they will always look great.
- Artificial lawns will always look tidy.
Should I Preserve My Natural Lawn Or Invest In Artificial Grass?
If you’re a homeowner in Gloucestershire, it can be difficult to decide whether to stick with your traditional natural grass lawn or invest in an artificial alternative, especially if you plan to sell soon.
Ultimately, the choice is up to you, and you’ll need to weigh up the advantages and disadvantages of both to determine which option best suits your circumstances. Whichever you choose, you can be sure that both artificial and natural grass can look good and provide an attractive and functional outdoor area for future owners to enjoy.
If you’re ready to sell your property in Gloucestershire, don’t hesitate to get in touch with our team at TG Sales & Lettings. As specialists in the Gloucestershire property market, we’re your top choice when it comes to finding the right buyer and getting the best price for your home. Call us on 01452 300822 or send us an email at email@example.com. We’re looking forward to working with you.