This does, however, throw up some obstacles and challenges with lots to consider. So, as we always like to help our buyers and sellers in Gloucestershire – here are our top 10 tips for moving house:
- Start packing as you de-clutter.
- Use good packing materials, such as bubble wrap, so that your precious belongings survive the journey.
- Label all your boxes into rooms.
- Make sure you have the tea/coffee, milk and kettle in a separate box. Oh, and the loo roll!
- Leave your home as you would expect to find your new one.
- Take a photo of your final meter reads then you won’t loose that vital piece of paper you wrote them down on in the rush to get out.
- Build your bed first. Its exhausting moving and you will need a good nights sleep.
- Have a small box of tools to hand such as Allen keys and screwdrivers. Essential for point number 7!
- Get recommendations for removal companies and insure your contents your belongings for the journey.
- Get a pet and babysitter for moving day. Moving is stressful enough without having to worry about losing pets and children in the chaos! Let them arrive when you are in your new home if possible.
And one last tip from Team TG…..Breathe and Smile. This is the start of the next new chapter in your life so try and enjoy it
Moving home is exciting and can be life changing!